While Nicole was out with a friend this afternoon, I figured I'd prep a meal for us. I took a look in the deep freeze for some kind of protein and found some salmon that's been staring at me for some time now. I took it out to thaw and brought out the ipad once again. After finding several recipes that required marinating overnight, I found one for maple salmon that only took half an hour of marinating. After prepping the marinade and pouring it on the salmon in a loaf pan, I looked for a side dish to make. My first thought was rice to go with the salmon so I perused the ipad once more. A recipe for mushroom rice shot out at me and it seemed perfect.
When Nicole got home we preheated the oven and started working on the rice. We made everything fairly close to the recipes and things turned out perfectly. Because we used basmati rice, we had to add some more water (about a cup) to the rice and we also left out the garlic salt in the salmon in favour of an extra clove of garlic.
No comments:
Post a Comment